CEOP is the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command of the National Crime Agency and is committed to tackling the sexual exploitation and abuse of children both online and offline.
Our staff have completed the CEOP train the trainer course and have become Ambassadors for CEOP. They are able to deliver workshops to parents, carers, children and young people and train other professionals to do the same.
Train the Trainer
There are 3 compulsory modules for professionals to complete to enable them to deliver workshops to parents, carers, children and young people:
- What is CEOP and what do they do
- What is thinkuknow and why use it
- Reporting to CEOP
- What is online sexual abuse
- What grooming tactics are used by offenders
- What is the impact of sexual abuse
- What effective preventative can be delivered?
- What is the thinkuknow approach
- Thinkuknow resources and how to access them
- Delivering a session
- Engaging parents and carers
The course is free and takes around 2 hours deliver. There are additional modules available, please ask for further information.
Workshops for parents, carers, children and young people
We have a range of resources at our disposal to offer workshops to raise awareness and deliver the CEOP message. All workshops introduce attendees to CEOP and how to report to them.
For parents and carers it offers preventative education and practical advice to keep your children safe.
For children and young people the workshops are age appropriate and raise awareness of the opportunities and the risks inherent online and how to protect themselves.