Residential Support Worker
Principal Resourcing are currently working closely with a residential school in Market Rasen who require a number of permanent staff.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about working with children, young people and vulnerable adults with a range of special needs including autism, learning disabilities, profound and multiple learning difficulties, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour. The types of needs and vulnerability will differ from patient to patient so a diverse and varied approach to your work is required at all times whilst working within the support worker role.
As a dedicated support worker, your role will involve helping people in their day to day lives to support their needs at any given time, this will include daily duties including shopping, home chores and helping to nurture and encourage their individual interests and hobbies. There may be a requirement for personal care of your client when they may need assistance with bathing, dressing, administering medication and potentially feeding, although this will differ depending on the client’s needs.
Our client has various working shifts available which will include working in the community and within the client’s home, with the potential of evening, night and weekend shifts as well as day time shifts.
- Experience providing support to a disabled person. In particular experience with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour would be an advantage but other relevant experience will be considered
- Child and Adult DBS
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience in Personal Care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative when required
- Willingness to encourage and take part in activities with the client
- Reliable and trustworthy, patient and take a non-judgemental approach
- Able to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn the tasks of the role
- Commitment to equal opportunities for disabled people in attitude and in carrying out the tasks of the job.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.