Autism Support Worker – Hull & East Riding
Are you looking for a challenge and change in your career and want to make a difference?
Are you able to support students with ASD and SEBD needs on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis?
Do you have a passion to make a difference to students’ lives and their education?
Principal Resourcing are currently recruiting for Autism Support Workers to work in a number of SEN settings including Pupil Referral Units and alternative educational settings for placements across Hull and East Riding starting in September. The positions will be either full or part time and will be for a minimum of 1 term.
You will be expected to work on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with a student’s ranging from the ages of 5 – 16 who will have either mild to severe Autism (ASD) including Emotional, Social and Behaviour Difficulties (SEBD) and all students have a current EHCP in place.
We are looking for committed and motivational candidates who have a real passion for supporting students with additional needs such as Autism and be able to support and progress the learning of the student who will be supported. The ideal Support Workers will have experience in a similar setting or background working within a care or residential environment.
Principal Resourcing would like to speak to individuals who:
- Can offer experience of working with children in the last 12 months, whether this is in an educational setting or child focused experience
- Relevant Teaching Assistant Level 2 or above qualification or equivalent
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience of working within a special needs setting, including working with students with Autism
- Can offer specialist skills and training such as sign language (e.g. British Sign Language, Makaton, Sign-a-Long), PECS or manual handling
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others
- Team teach qualification would be an advantage but not essential
The successful candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with children with high dependency and severe learning disabilities
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- Capability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour or complex learning difficulties
- An observant and responsive approach
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking specialist Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice including SEN, Pupil Referral Units, alternative services and settings.
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus – up to £100 for every recommend
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.