Lead Teacher of English required for Yewlands Academy
Do you have the talent to make English Language and English Literature accessible for all student abilities?
Principal Resourcing are working with the Brigantia Learning Trust and are currently seeking to appoint a Leader of English at Yewlands Academy.
The position is due to start in January 2019 and is initially for two terms, teaching 5 days a week. The Academy will be looking for a permanent member of staff so this may be an option for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessments involved with the role.
The Academy are looking for someone with leadership experience and are open to those who have held the position of SLT and have English as a specialist subject.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (Teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- Leadership experience
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Here are what our Schools/Academies say about us:
“The service Principal Resourcing supplies is first class. I always find Mary very friendly, approachable, helpful and fun. She is very efficient and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend Principal Resourcing for anyone to use and even to become part of their team.” Focus School, Cottingham Campus
“We have been delighted with the swift, professional service we have received from Principal Resourcing over the years. It is reassuring to know that the candidates we request will always be tailored to our teaching needs.” Hull Collegiate School
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.