Teacher required for SEN School
Are you able to plan and deliver an engaging and personalised curriculum as a class teacher in KS3?
Can you create a safe classroom environment where pupils’ social, emotional and learning needs are met?
Would you like to support vulnerable young people in developing skills required to succeed in life after school?
We are seeking to appoint a talented and committed teacher with a track record of excellent outcomes for pupils for a long term position based in the Bradford Area. The successful candidate will enjoy team work and have experience of working collaboratively with a range of staff and other professionals and will follows the school’s Nurture Group Principles.
The school welcomes applications from experienced primary, middle or secondary teachers from mainstream or special schools, who are able to teach across a range of subjects including Maths, English, Humanities and PSHE.
The position is based in a Special School which caters for 11-16 year olds with an Education Health & Care Plan for severe and profound social, emotional and mental health needs as well as other learning difficulties. The School meets the needs of some of Bradford’s most complex and vulnerable young people with challenging behaviour.
The School endeavours to provide a nurturing environment with personalised support and specialist teaching to enable the pupils to re-engage in learning, develop their social and emotional skills and leave with not only appropriate qualifications but the skills required to succeed in life after school.
Class sizes are usually restricted to twelve pupils, with trained HLTA and teaching assistant support for every group to ensure pupils develop secure relationships with staff and enable personalised planning and delivery. The school offers a bespoke and comprehensive induction package for new staff followed up with extensive CPD.
What you will require:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of working in a primary, secondary or special school.
- Experience of or a strong proven desire to work with pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs
- Create a stimulating and safe learning environment
- Teach using a wide variety of strategies to maximise achievement for all children including those with special educational needs and high achievers and to meet differing learning styles
- Deploy a wide range of effective behaviour management strategies, successfully.
- Strong behaviour management
- Use ICT to advance pupils’ learning, and use common ICT tools for their own and pupils’ benefit.
- A passion for working with pupils with SEN and their families
- High level of resilience and determination
- Calm and organized approach to work under pressure and the ability to inspire this in others
- Team Team advantagous
What we offer:
- We guarantee to beat your current agency pay rate
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants
- FREE Team Teach Courses
- Opportunity to network with other supply staff at our fully funded events
- FREE CPD
- Recommend a friend bonus for other supply teachers and support assistants
- The peace of mind being employed by an expert education recruiter registered and approved by the REC with 100% audit compliance
In the last academic year:
94% of our Candidates were very happy with the work which we provided them with. 97% of our candidates rated our service as excellent.
Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful