1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant required in Scarborough
Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant?
Do you have a passion for supporting students with additional needs?
Principal Resourcing are working on behalf of a secondary School in Scarborough to recruit for a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to support a pupil with severe Autism and Emotional & Social Behaviour needs.
The role will commence ASAP and will initially be for the duration of the spring term, full time to ensure the pupil integrates well with the new staff member. This role could go permanent for the right candidate.
You will be expected to work under the direct instruction and guidance of the teaching staff, SENCO and external agencies. The day to day support will involve working directly with the pupil who at times can display challenging behaviour so a current Team Teach qualification would be advantageous. This is an exciting role and you will receive full support from the Head Teacher and teaching staff and full additional training will be provided.
We would like to speak to individuals who:
- Can offer experience of working with children in the last 12 months, whether this is in an educational setting or child focused experience.
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience of working within a special needs setting, in particular, those with moderate, complex and severe needs including Autism.
- Can offer specialist skills and training such as sign language (e.g. British Sign Language, Makaton, Sign-a-Long), PECS or manual handling.
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others.
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
The successful candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with children with high dependency and severe learning disabilities.
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference.
- Capability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour or complex learning difficulties.
- An observant and responsive approach.
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking specialist Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice including SEN, Pupil Referral Units, alternative services and settings.
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus – up to £100 for every recommend
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
Principal Resourcing are pleased to announce we are a preferred supplier for the DRET and The AET!
David Ross Education Trust schools create a rich and exciting learning environment that inspires students to become their confident, academic best. The Academies Enterprise Trust are a national network of over 60 primary, special and secondary academies. They are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people.
If you aspire to work with these trusts please contact Principal Resourcing direct for more information!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Teaching Assistant|