Behaviour Support Workers Required in Sheffield
Do you have a calm, caring and nurturing disposition?
Are you able to de-escalate challenging situations?
Would you like to work in some of the most rewarding settings?
Have you ever worked as a care worker, sports coach, prison officer or youth worker? If so we would love to hear from you!!
Principal Resourcing are currently working alongside Mainstream (Primary and Secondary) schools and Alternative Provisions in West Yorkshire to appoint Behaviour Support Worker’s. We require staff who can commit to flexible working hours, often at short notice. These roles often turn into full time, longer term bookings for the right candidates.
The provisions work in partnership with local primary and secondary schools to provide an alternative education for SEMH pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school. The roles will require a resilient and compassionate nature, strong behaviour management skills and has previous experience of working in a Pupil Referral Unit or challenging behaviour setting. If you have a care background your skills are transferable to the role and you have the desired skills needed to work within these provisions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding and successful provisions that offer excellent professional development opportunities for its staff.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Supporting the class teacher to promote a learning environment
- Managing behaviour expectations
- Respond to and de-escalate challenging situations
- Report and feedback to Teachers and SLT
- Build positive, professional relationships with the children
What we offer:
- First choice supplier to a large number of Ofsted rated “Outstanding” educational establishments
- We guarantee to beat your current agency rate of pay
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Quality free CPD delivered by educational experts supported by on going on the job training and observation’s
- FREE Team Teach Courses
What you will require:
- The flexibility to complete a variety of assignments often at short notice
- Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
- Strong behaviour management
- The ability to model and deliver high standards of learning support
- The ability to work positively and effectively under pressure, taking note of, and acting on, all issues relating to the wellbeing and safeguarding of children
- Previous experience of working within a PRU setting or challenging behaviour setting is essential
- Team Teach qualification is desirable but not essential as we do provide the courses
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
Daily Rate of £65 to £90
Candidates who attend our registration interview with all the required documentation can be cleared within 48 hours. Our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, work tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Special Educational Needs|