Nursery Nurse – Deputy Manager
If you are an enthusiastic Nursery nurse looking for a longer term position Principal Resourcing would like to talk to you!
We are currently working exclusively with a private nursery located in Bedale to appoint a qualified Nursery Nurse to work as a Deputy Manager.
This position would be ideally suited to an experienced Deputy Manager or a Room Leader looking to take the next step.
If you feel you are suitable for this position then we look forward to receiving your CV.
Purpose of post
- To work under the direction of the Manager and deputise for him/her as and when required
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to five years
- To provide high standards of care and early learning – to include the monitoring and review of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the personal, emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities
- To support the team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- To direct and support staff as agreed by the Manager.
- Nursery Manager / Directors
- To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- To assist the Manager in showing parents around the nursery facilities and sending out information
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical, personal, social and emotional care
- To lead a team of professional workers and to ensure good practice at all times
- To assist the Manager in setting and implementing objectives and policy for the nursery
- To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules and holiday rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in accordance with *Ofsted/*Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) /*Care Inspectorate guidelines and nursery procedures (*delete as appropriate)
- To assist with the implementation of administrative procedures involved with registration, place allocation, and other related matters
- To assist with the development and implementation of systems to monitor and record child development
- To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment
- To be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensuring staff compliance and awareness
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- Support all team members with the early identification and intervention for children with possible special needs and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate
- To ensure confidentiality of all information received and shared
- To assist with staff development and training
- To support the effective interview and selection process as required
- To fully support the induction of new team members
- Support the appropriate supervision meetings/processes in conjunction with the nursery manager
- Feed into appraisals, target setting and nursery operations as deemed appropriate by the manager
- Attend nursery management meetings and feed appropriate information back to the wider team
- To assist the Manager in the supervision of training of students in placement within the nursery
- Liaise with parents, other family members and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given
- To liaise with outside agencies as required
- Assist the Manager with the efficient upkeep of the building and grounds and maintenance, stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings
- Maintaining staff awareness of the fire evacuation procedures in accordance with the code of practice
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, planning meetings, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
- To deputise for the Manager in his/her absence
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time-to-time by the Manager.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.