Required as soon as possible
Hours: 37 Hours per week, AYR
Pay scale: Band SO1 – SO2
(Actual Salary Range – £27,441 – £32,234)
*Dependent on Experience and Qualifications*
One of our large partnership secondary schools of over 1600 students situated close to the centre of Bradford. It has been on a remarkable improvement journey over recent years, after going into Special Measures in 2014 under high-profile circumstances and being dubbed ‘The Most Broken School in the Country’. From this low point it underwent rapid improvement, attaining an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted less than two years after coming out of Special Measures. This success was followed up by accreditation as a World Class School in 2018, then being named ‘Secondary School of The Year’ in the 2019 Pearson/BBC National Teaching Awards. Despite this considerable success, the school still retains its innovative edge with several exciting initiatives being introduced over recent years, with many more to come.
Like all schools in the Trust, this is a pleasant place to work with friendly, supportive, and helpful staff. Class sizes are small, averaging just 16 across all year groups in Maths and English, with slightly higher numbers in other subjects. Student behaviour and conduct is excellent, promoted and maintained by a large team of non-teaching Heads of Year. In line with Trust priorities, meetings, bureaucracy, and paperwork are kept to the absolute minimum, with staff regularly recognised and rewarded for their contribution to the school.
The Premises Manager plays a key role at the school. You will be working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to manage the security of the school building and take a pro-active role in the maintenance and management of our whole school site.
You will be the first point of contact for staff regarding maintenance and you will therefore be customer focused, polite and helpful.
- Undertake a variety of duties relating to maintenance of the building and grounds
- Be hardworking and take pride in your high standard of work
- Be a team player who is friendly and professional, relating well to children and adults
- Be responsible, flexible and reliable with a good understanding of health and safety requirements of site management
- Have a flexible approach and the ability to prioritise tasks on a day to day basis
The post will involve:
- Keeping school clean and tidy, well presented, well lit and heated
- Site security, including locking premises at the end of the day
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Routine repair and maintenance tasks and portaging duties
- Liaison with contractors
- Management of the cleaning personnel
Please send in your up to date CV to email@example.com if interested.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th December 2021 – 10.00am
The Trust has adopted the principles of Safer Recruitment and will safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to do the same. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer.