Residential Support Workers required in Selby
Are you looking to work in a fast paced and challenging environment where each day is different?
Are you experienced in working with children and young people with Special Needs and disabilities and supporting them in overcoming various barriers to learning?
Principal Resourcing are looking for Residential Support Workers and/or Teaching Assistants who are passionate about working with children and young people with a range of special needs. These include autism, profound and multiple learning difficulties, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour. You will be required to support in the residential home and classroom which will involve assisting in their personal care. Applicants trained in BSL and or manual handling would be advantageous.
Main tasks will include:
- Personal care such as dressing, bathing, toileting
- Use of hoist
- Oral and peg feeding
- Interactive play
- Going out in the community
- Experience providing support to a disabled person. In particular experience with learning disability would be an advantage but other relevant experience will be considered
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience in Personal Care
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative when required
- Willingness to encourage and take part in activities with the client
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn the tasks of the role
- Patient and non-judgemental approach
- Commitment to equal opportunities for disabled people in attitude and in carrying out the tasks of the job.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
Principal Resourcing are pleased to announce we are a preferred supplier for the DRET and The AET!
David Ross Education Trust schools create a rich and exciting learning environment that inspires students to become their confident, academic best. The Academies Enterprise Trust are a national network of over 60 primary, special and secondary academies. They are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people.
If you aspire to work with these trusts please contact Principal Resourcing direct for more information!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||SEN Teacher, Special Educational Needs|