Specialist Teaching Assistant required for Scunthorpe based PRU
Are you looking for a challenge and change in your career and want to make a difference?
Are you able to support students with SEMH and potential challenging behaviour on a 1:1 or small group basis?
Do you have a passion to make a difference to students’ lives and their education?
Principal Resourcing are currently recruiting for specialist Teaching Assistant with a strong background in working with children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs and behavioural difficulties to work in a Scunthorpe based Pupil Referral Unit (PRU). This position is full time and the PRU are looking for the ideal candidate for a January start until the end of the academic year.
The school caters for secondary aged pupils aged 11 – 16 with SEMH. You will be expected to work on a 1:1 or small group basis. It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created where their students enjoy learning and strive for further opportunities to progress into college or further work-related learning after leaving the school. All students are referred to the school via the local authority.
We are looking for committed and motivational candidates who have a real passion for supporting students with additional needs and be able to support and progress the learning of the student who will be supported. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with hard to reach individuals and be able to build rapport quickly to maximise the students learning potential.
Principal Resourcing would like to speak to individuals who:
- Can offer experience of working with children and young people in the last 12 months, whether this is in an educational setting or child focused experience
- Relevant Teaching Assistant Level 2 or above qualification or equivalent
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience of working within a special needs setting, including working with students with Autism and SEMH difficulties
- Can offer specialist skills and training such as sign language (e.g. British Sign Language, Makaton, Sign-a-Long), PECS or manual handling
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others
- Team teach qualification would be an advantage but not essential
The successful candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with children
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- Capability to manage confrontation and potential challenging behaviour
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking specialist Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice including SEN, Pupil Referral Units, alternative services and settings.
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus – up to £100 for every recommend
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
Principal Resourcing are pleased to announce we are a preferred supplier for the DRET and The AET!
David Ross Education Trust schools create a rich and exciting learning environment that inspires students to become their confident, academic best. The Academies Enterprise Trust are a national network of over 60 primary, special and secondary academies. They are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people.
If you aspire to work with these trusts please contact Principal Resourcing direct for more information!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||SEN Teacher, Special Educational Needs|