Teacher of History required in Whitby
Are you a passionate teacher of History who is able to inspire your students in sharing your enthusiasm for both ancient and modern historic events?
Principal Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a large secondary school in Whitby who are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic History teacher from March 2021. This is a full-time role for the duration of the Summer term with the possibility of extension. This may change due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The school strives to create its pupils with qualities of greatness which help them achieve their potential during their time at the school and beyond it. Their emphasis on the pupils’ character encourages them to endeavour to reach their personal best and help others readily. The school feels it provides the ideal environment for fostering of young intellect as well as sporting and artistic achievement.
The role is a full time position teaching History across KS3 to KS5 so prior experience teaching History to A Level would be desirable. However, applications from NQTs or postgraduates would be warmly considered and the school are happy to provide full support for an NQT induction. You will be responsible for the planning, preparation, marking and assessment involved in the role.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. QTS)
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- NQTs are very welcome to apply
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Secondary Teacher|