Trust Finance Manager
We are seeking to appoint a Trust Finance Manager who will work alongside the Chief Operating Officer in supporting the finance function within the Trust.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join an innovative and creative Trust which puts its learners at the heart of everything it does. As Finance Manager you will play an integral part in the leadership structure providing organisational effectiveness and financial efficiency allowing the Trust Leadership Team and Principals to provide educational excellence in partnership.
The ideal candidate has previous experience as a finance manager within a school or academy and excellent people skills, although the Trust will consider those with experience within finance management and a willingness to learn.
- You will be responsible for ensuring each academy abides by our financial regulations and that they provide timely management information in a prescribed format.
- You will have shared responsibility for the day to day management of transactions of the Trust, including any related companies.
- You will provide expert professional advice to ensure effective finance systems and procedures are operated across the organisation.
- Advise and liaise with Principals/Heads of Academy and finance officers at a number of academies on budgetary controls, financial systems and processes.
- Maintain and/or oversight of all central transactions for the Trust. This may include:
- VAT Returns, BIK and PAYE Settlement agreements
- Central Procurement
- Recharges/Inter-company transactions
- Preparation or review of management accounts for each academy and/or head office.
- Review of monthly financial returns submitted by the academies to core, ensuring the template has been fully completed and that control accounts are reconciled and all transactions have been posted correctly.
- Work with the academy and trust colleagues to agree and set budgets to be authorised by the Chief Operating Officer and CEO
- Work with the finance team to ensure the working budgets reflect up to date data and staffing structures.
- Answer day to day finance queries raised by academy staff.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure returns to DfE/ESFA are made within the timescales set out within the Academies Financial Handbook.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer in the preparation of the statutory accounts for the Trust.
- Review or preparation of journals as required.
- Attend governance meetings as required.
- Identify areas for training and development of the trust finance team.
- To understand the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, including making a referral to local authority children’s social care where there are concerns about a child’s welfare.
- To comply with all Trust policies and procedures at all times.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
The Trust values diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to and enhanced DBS and any other relevant employment checks.
If you would like to have an informal discussion, please get in touch with Rachel Parker