SEN Specialist Teaching Assistants – Hull
Do you have SEN experience and have an interest in working within SEN or mainstream schools?
Are you looking for a challenge and a change in your career and want to make a difference?
If you are looking for long or short term supply work within SEN or mainstream schools, then sign up to work for the regions market leader. With many schools signing to us exclusively you can have work when you want!
Principal Resourcing‘s dedicated SEN team are looking for SEN specialist Teaching Assistants. Whether you are looking for long or short term work, full time or part time, Principal Resourcing can help secure the post for you. In particular, we are keen to recruit those with experience of working with children and young people who are on the autistic spectrum, have learning difficulties and behaviour that challenges.
We would like to speak to individuals who:
- Can offer experience of working with children in the last 12 months, whether this is in an educational setting or child focused experience.
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience of working within a special needs setting, in particular, those with moderate, complex and severe needs including Autism.
- Can offer specialist skills or has had training in sign language (e.g. British Sign Language, Makaton, Sign-a-Long), PECS or manual handling.
- Have had Team Teach / Price / Timian /Approach Training
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others.
Principal Resourcing are a leading education recruitment specialist with established relationships with a large number of schools throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Cleveland regions.
Principal Resourcing are working in partnership with several Local Education Authorities on the framework providing quality staffing provision throughout the region. This is a major development for us which we are looking forward to sharing the benefits of with our teaching and support staff across the academic year.
The successful SEN Specialist Teaching Assistants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with children with various learning and physical difficulties, from mild to severe.
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- Capability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour or complex learning difficulties
- An observant and responsive approach
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
For all SEN Specialist Teaching Assistants we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your local LA.
- An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent and accurate rates of pay.
- We will offer the successful candidate a stimulating and supportive working and learning environment.
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay.
- Recommend a friend Bonus
- Variety of assignments in schools of your choice.
Principal Resourcing have sought agreement from their clients to source candidates for these specific roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references
70% of your local Primary schools choose Principal Resourcing, whose Head Office is based in the centre of the 2017 City of Culture as their preferred supplier and first port of call for day to day and long term placements. 60% of those are signed in to preferred supplier agreements due to our continued service and quality in teaching staff with other schools/academy’s signing every month.
Here is what a few of our schools had to say about us:
“We have used Principal Resourcing for over 4 years now and have always received an efficient and supportive service”. Stockwell Primary
“I have used Principal Resourcing on an adhoc basis since 2010 and have worked with them in a Preferred Partnership Agreement for the last 2 years.
I have always been able to discuss our requirements, any concerns we may have, best value and offer feedback on staff sent to us.
In all dealings with Principal, and in particular our consultant, we have felt our needs have been fully met and we have been listened to.
I am looking forward to continuing to work with Principal”. Patrington Primary
“I don’t use any other agency as I have found their service to be poor in comparison. I always find that I am dealt with in an efficient, polite and proficient manner. I do recommend Principal Resourcing to schools and will continue to do so.” Acre Heads Primary School
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful.