Are you looking to work in a fast paced challenging environment were no day is the same?
Are you experienced in working with children and young adults with EBD / SEMH?
Principal Resourcing are looking for support workers in Hull who are passionate about working with children and young adults with EBD / SEMH and associated challenging behaviour. You will be required to support them in their day to day life, from the home to the classroom.
Main tasks will include:
- Supporting the children / young adults in their day to day life.
- Being a positive role model.
- Listening to and understanding the children / young adults.
- De-escalating potentially volatile situations using reasoning and calming techniques.
- Going out in the community.
Essential characteristics for successful applicants:
- Experience providing support to a child / young adult. In particular experience with EBD / SEMH and challenging behaviour would be an advantage but other relevant experience will be considered.
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience in working with children / young adults.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative when required
- Willingness to encourage and take part in activities with the client
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn the tasks of the role
- Patient and non-judgemental approach
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.