Support workers needed in Hull!
Are you experienced in working with adults with Autism and associated learning difficulties?
Principal Resourcing are looking for support workers in the Hull area who are passionate about working with adults with a range of special needs such as Autism, PMLD, SEMH and challenging behaviour. You will be required to support them in their day to day life well as assisting in their personal care.
Main tasks will include:
- Personal care such as dressing, bathing, toileting
- Oral and peg feeding
- Interactive play
- Going out in the community
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Experience providing support to a disabled person. In particular experience with learning disabilities and Autism would be an advantage but other relevant experience will be considered.
- Hold at least 6 months previous experience in Personal Care.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative when required
- Willingness to encourage and take part in activities with the client
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn the tasks of the role
- Patient and non-judgemental approach
- Commitment to equal opportunities for disabled people in attitude and in carrying out the tasks of the job.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.