Frequently Asked Questions

Can I work for Principal Resourcing?
How do I know Principal Resourcing are a reputable agency?
What type of work can Principal offer me?
What training do Principal offer?
What do I need to work?
What documents do I need to bring with me to my registration?
Why do you ask for a medical questionnaire?
How often do I need a DBS check?
What can I expect once I have sent over my CV?
Can I work for Principal Resourcing?

We provide work in Schools, Colleges, Academies, PRUS, SEND Units, Nurseries and Adult Education. If you have qualifications or experience working in these establishments you could work for Principal subject to vetting checks.

We also provide work for Degree Graduates and Exam Invigilators so please send your CV to find out if you are eligible.

How do I know Principal Resourcing are a reputable agency?

We have been established since 2004 and have grown to become the market leader in education recruitment in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire. To become the market leader we have built a reputation of honesty and quality of service with both our clients and the staff we work with.

In addition, we have held the Gold Standard in education recruitment, the REC Audited Education Status since it replaced the old Quality Mark Scheme. This means our policies and procedures regarding recruitment and safeguarding and vetting are second to none.

What type of work can Principal offer me?

We work with many education establishments across the Yorkshire & Lincolnshire area. We can offer teaching and non teaching work.

Non teaching includes: Personal Care work, Site Managers, office staff, cleaners and drivers.

We offer both part time and full time work which varies from adhoc day to day cover to longer term and permanent work.

We have a dedicated permanent department so we can put you forward for permanent contracts direct with schools.

What training do Principal offer?

We offer compulsory induction and safeguarding training for all supply staff and also have a rolling programme of workshops. Please register your interest with your local office:

  • Induction
  • Safeguarding Training
  • Safeguarding Refresher
  • Cover Supervisor Training
  • CEOP – Child Exploitation Online Protection
  • Behaviour Management
  • First Aid
  • Mindfulness
  • All SEN
  • Lego
  • Team Teach
  • British Values
What do I need to work?

As an REC accredited agency all registered candidates are subject to our stringent vetting checks.

These include checking experience, qualifications, references, Enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK, Identifications and any prohibitions from teaching.

You need to ensure you sign up with our payroll provider as soon as possible as they insure you to work so you cannot be placed without this.

We also require you to complete our induction and safeguarding courses before going out on your first assignment and read through our safeguarding documentation.

What documents do I need to bring with me to my registration?

We will need you to bring these documents with you so we can clear you for work as soon as possible.

Essential documents

  • Your completed application forms, which will be emailed to you prior to registration.
  • Certificates of relevant qualifications (QTS, Induction, Skills Tests (for Teachers) or highest level of qualification for non-teaching).
  • 2 forms of Identification (Passport/Driving Licence/Birth or Marriage Certificate – 1 must be photo ID).
  • 2 original proofs of address (Utility Bill/Bank Statement dated within the last 3 months).
  • Your National Insurance Number and bank details.
  • 2 x Contact details of suitable referees (business email addresses not personal) These must be the most recent / relevant positions and we may have to reference any employer on your CV to meet our recruitment criteria. We recommend that the referees have been notified of our intent to reference prior to your meeting.
  • Current DBS (enhanced disclosure). To use an existing DBS through us it must be registered on the update service and checked for the correct workforce https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service. If you don’t have a current DBS on the update service or we feel a new check is necessary, we must process a new DBS for you at a cost of £50 (only cash and Cheques payable to ‘Principal Resourcing’ are accepted). We recommend that you subscribe to the DBS online update service, otherwise the REC requires that you to have a new DBS processed every 12 months. Please call before your meeting to discuss this on an individual basis if you are unsure.

If applicable

  • Your Teacher Reference Number (TRN) (If held, whether applying for a teaching post or not)
  • A copy of your last payslip or proof of your point of scale (Teachers only)
  • Most recent lesson observation (Teachers only)
  • Overseas Police Clearance (if you have been living or working outside the UK for 3 months or more during the last 5 years). If this applies to you, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants for instructions on how to obtain this from the country you have been living in.
  • We will require a passport sized photograph for your Principal ID card. If you do not bring a photograph with you a picture will be taken at registration.
Why do you ask for a medical questionnaire?

As per the DfEE circular 4/99 and ‘keeping children safe in education’ we have an obligation to verify a candidate’s mental and physical fitness to carry out their work responsibilities. A job applicant can be asked relevant questions about disability and health in order to establish whether they have the physical and mental capacity for the specific role.

How often do I need a DBS check?

If you have an enhanced DBS on the update service with the correct workforce you will not need to renew your DBS unless your circumstances change. If you are not on the update service, you will need a new one.

If you apply for a DBS through us please ensure you sign up to the update service otherwise you will need a new DBS after 1 year.

You can sign up in two ways: using the F number on your DBS form as soon as its received by the DBS or within 19 days of issue.

You will receive reminders from us annually to inform you that your annual subscription is due. This is to allow you to check the card you signed up on is still valid, if it isn’t and payment fails the DBS will not allow you to renew it and a new one will be needed.

A DBS is your personal documentation and must be kept safe. You must take it along with photo ID and your Principal Passport to every assignment or risk being turned away by the school.

What can I expect once I have sent over my CV?

Once we have received your CV one of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements and to check you are eligible to work with our agency.

You will be required to provide us with two names and addresses of referees, one has to be your most recent employer. At this point you will be booked in for an interview and you will be informed of what documentation you need to complete and what you need to bring with you to your appointment. See “what documents do I need to bring with me to registration”.

The safeguarding of children is a top priority so all the documents we request are necessary to clear you for work. Its advised you bring everything with you to ensure the registration process runs smoothly and is as quick as possible for you.

Your interview will be one of our experienced team, they will find out exactly what role you are looking for and explain how supply works if you are new to it. They will also discuss your pay rate based on your knowledge and experience.

If you don’t have a DBS on the update service you will be required to complete a new one and pay for it as they take 4-6 weeks to complete.

You will be able to sign up for our payroll at your interview and you will need to supply two passport sized photographs for your Principal Passport or we will take a photo on the day.

After the interview you will be provided with a list of outstanding documents if there are any and a welcome pack. Once again please do your best to get all documents to us quickly so we can get you out to work. You will need to read through our welcome pack and safeguarding information and complete our induction and safeguarding course. These are available to complete online and face to face depending on your preferences.

Once we have all the relevant documentation you will be notified when you are active for work.

Make sure you carry your DBS, ID and Principal Passport to all assignments and if you are unable to attend for any reason call your consultant and NOT the school.