Principal Resourcing are seeking a friendly and patient Behaviour Support Worker to join the staff team at one of our partnership Alternative Provision Schools based in North Yorkshire.
The full-time role is available with immediate start and will be ongoing to meet the needs of the setting. Previous experience working in a similar position is desirable although not essential. You will support pupils with challenging behaviour to progress academically, build confidence and manage their SEMH within a calm and nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting pupils with challenging behavioural needs in alternate provision. As a valued member of the staff team, you will provide support for children with a variety of SEN needs including ADHD, ASD and visual impairment.
You can expect to earn up to £100 per day, depending on the requirements of the role.
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs
- Experience of working within a similar setting (care homes, hospitals etc) would be advantageous
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Team Teach or MAPA qualification desirable
- Experience of working with physical disabilities, PMLD, ASD or SEMH advantageous, but not essential
- A proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- Able to manage and action a variety of issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs, specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £250
- You must have Right to Work in the UK, we are unable to offer Visa Sponsorship
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV to email@example.com and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview via a telephone call. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act (2003).
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer. All positions advertised are temporary, unless otherwise stated.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Job Ref: PRLMC