Rate: £85-£100 per day, depending on experience
Principal Resourcing are actively working to recruit Cover Supervisors to meet the demands of day-to-day and long-term supply for our partnership academies based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The secondary schools require Cover Supervisors to deliver a variety of subjects across the KS3 and KS4 curriculum, in the Teachers absence. As a Cover Supervisor you will be looking after a class of around 25-30 students, taking responsibility for the delivery and supervision of pre-planned lessons and learning activities.
The ideal candidate will be confident in supporting the positive progression of students learning and development at secondary level, with strong behaviour management skills and a passion for education. You must be flexible, enthusiastic and friendly in your approach, whilst working collaboratively as part of a high-quality staff team to implement the planned curriculum. We work with many partnership academies to provide Cover Supervisors on a preferred supplier agreement. You will predominantly be required to provide cover on an ad-hoc basis to meet the needs of the school.
Previous experience working with children or young adults is preferable, but not essential as full training will be given. Applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Maths and English at Grade C and above. You can expect to be paid up to £100 per day for this role, depending on experience and the role requirements.
Currently work on supply? We guaranteed to beat your current daily rate.
Interested in working supply? Our experienced team will support your transition.
Are you seeking a better work/life balance and more flexibility? We offer roles to fit around you!
Within the role you are required to:
- Follow the behaviour policy of the school
- Ensure children are engaging in their learning
- Have the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Have excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Follow the pre-planned lesson of the Teacher in their absence
- Support students in a variety of subjects across KS3/KS4
Skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Maths and English at Grade C and above
- Confident and positive approach to working with children
- Have a passion for education
- Previous experience working with children or young adults is preferable, but not desirable as full training will be given.
- A current DBS registered with the update service or a DBS completed through Principal Resourcing
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs, specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £250
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview via a telephone call. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act (2003).
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer. All positions advertised are temporary, unless otherwise stated.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Job Ref: PRLMC