Principal Resourcing are actively recruiting for a DT and Food Technician to work on a full-time basis within one of our partnership secondary academies based in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
The role is available with immediate start for the right candidate and will be ongoing to meet the demands of the design technology department, there is the possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate.
As an enthusiastic and organised Technician you will manage workshops across the design technology department, supporting the DT Teacher to prepare and deliver engaging lessons in a safe environment. You will be responsible for the maintenance of equipment, tools and other materials to ensure they are kept in safe, working condition and ready for use in the learning environment.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in health and safety to effectively set up practical lessons and move and store a range of equipment, whilst adhering to the academy guidelines. In return the secondary school offers an inclusive and diverse working opportunity as part of a friendly, supportive staff team.
The school are seeking a dedicated individual who is able to provide tailored support and assistance to Teaching staff and pupils, ensuring a positive climate of learning that allows progression and development of skills.
You can expect to be paid up to £100 per day depending upon your experience and the role requirements.
Within the role you will be required to:
- Prepare and maintain DT equipment, tools and other materials
- Have a friendly, approachable manner
- Promote the positive behaviour policy of the school
- Support the DT Teacher to prepare and deliver safe and engaging lessons
- Have a commitment to ensure students safe use of DT equipment and tools at all times
- Display an enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role
Skills and attributes:
- Relevant qualifications in DT or similar subject
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements for use and maintenance of materials
- Previous experience of supporting students and staff at secondary level is advantageous
- A proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- A child DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain one
- You must have Right to Work in the UK, we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs, specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £250
- A wealth of knowledge from experienced professionals, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV to email@example.com and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview via a telephone call. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act (2003).
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer. All positions advertised are temporary, unless otherwise stated.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Job Ref: PRLMC