Principal Resourcing are seeking to recruit a caring Educational Teaching Assistant (ETA) to join the friendly staff team within one of our Specialist Schools based in Bradford.
The full-time role is available with immediate start for the right applicant and will be ongoing to meet the needs of the school. There is the potential of a permanent role for the right candidate.
We are specifically looking for a Teaching Assistant with wide knowledge and experience of the KS1 to KS4 within a SEN setting. You will have the ability to support children with special educational needs including Autism, Non verbal, ASD, SEMH and moderate learning difficulties and disabilities.
You may be required to work with children on a 1:1 basis or in small groups to meet the needs of the pupils. The school aims to offer a warm and caring environment, which enables children to feel safe and secure as they grow, learn and develop.
Within the role you will be required to:
- Provide calming and nurturing support for some of the most vulnerable students with EHCP’s in place
- Instil good behaviour management strategy in line with the setting policy
- Support the delivery of lessons to engage and enthuse learners
- Be a positive role model for the children, through commitment to the setting expectations
- Encourage the talents and abilities of all students to achieve academically
- Display an enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with, to build mutually respectful relationships
- Work effectively as part of a friendly staff team to support the children in your care
Skills and attributes:
- Experience of supporting SEN children in KS1 to KS4
- Ability to relate well to pupils with additional needs
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience of working with physical disabilities, PMLD, ASD or SEMH advantageous, but not essential
- A proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- Able to manage and action a variety of issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs, specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £250
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview via a telephone call. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act (2003).
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. All positions advertised are temporary, unless otherwise stated.
Please note: If you have not heard from us within two weeks then your application may have been unsuccessful.
Job Ref: PRLMC