Principal Resourcing are currently seeking to recruit a SEN Teacher to work across the specialist provisions at our partnership Academies based in North-East Lincolnshire. The position is expected to commence September 2023 and will be ongoing to meet the needs of the academy.
As a SEN Teacher you will work within specialist provision to provide a high quality, adaptive curriculum that meets the individual needs of the children within your care.
Students may present with challenging behaviours due to the nature of the role, therefore a calm, approachable manner is essential to de-escalate situations before they arise and support the SEN needs of all pupils.
We welcome applications from Final Year Undergraduate Students in Teaching, ECT’s and experienced Teachers. You can expect to be paid up to £230 per day depending upon your experience and the role requirements.
Within the role you will be required to:
- Provide calming and nurturing support for students
- Instil good behaviour management strategy in line with academy policy
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons that will engage and enthuse learners
- Be creative and efficient in your teaching approach, to ensure a regular routine for students
- Have a commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- Display an enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with, to build mutually respectful relationships
- Be confident in leading a classroom and working effectively as part of the staff team
- Be resilient, not easily offended and can de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
Skills and attributes:
- Experience of working with SEN children is advantageous
- Relevant qualifications – QTS Teaching qualification (PGCE, SCITT etc) or equivalent
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs
- Experience of working with SEN pupils would be advantageous
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- Able to manage and action a variety of issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- Must hold a valid DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain one
- ECT’s are welcome to apply
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs, specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £250
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview via a telephone call. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act (2003).
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer. All positions advertised are temporary, unless otherwise stated.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Job Ref: PRLMC