Behaviour Support Worker
Principal Resourcing are actively working to recruit support staff to meet the demands of day to day supply for our partnership Schools/Academies across Kirklees. We work with mainstream primary and secondary schools as well as alternative provisions. Many of the mainstream schools have their own inclusion centres that cater for children that need an alternative curriculum. The needs of the children include; SEMH, Autism, ADHD, MLD.
We work exclusively with several schools in Kirklees, that require both daily and long-term cover. You can expect to be paid up to £90 per day depending upon your experience and the role requirements.
Principal Resourcing are seeking committed and reliable Behaviour Support Workers to cover in our friendly, welcoming and diverse primary, secondary schools and alternative provisions e.g Pupil Referral Units in the Bradford area. We are seeking candidates who have a passion for improving the lives of some of the most vulnerable students, who will just roll up their sleeves and join in and who are not easily offended. Team Teach qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
Within the role you are required to:
- Provide a calming and nurturing support for some of Kirklees’s most vulnerable students
- Be resilient, not easily offended and can de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Have a commitment to the settings to ensure the children you are supporting have a regular role model and routine
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with in order that you can build mutually respected relationships
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with SEN would be advantageous.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working in similar settings e.g PRU’s, secure Units, Forces, Youth offenders, sports coaches
- Team Teach qualification is advantageous but not essential as we can provide FREE training for the right candidates
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive, committed and hard-working Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that due to the current situation we will conduct your interview over the phone or by skype and there will be a requirement for us to meet you prior to you being fully cleared for work. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Primary Education, Secondary Education, Special Educational Needs, Teaching Assistant|