Behaviour Support Worker
Are you currently working as a residential support worker? Would you like to work school hours? Do you have Team Teach qualification?
We are currently recruiting for SEN Teaching and behaviour support workers to work in our primary and secondary schools based in and around Bradford.
The roles will be up to 5 days a week and require consistency and stability due to the nature of the children you will be working with. The onsite provisions cater for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. You must be committed to high standards, actively promote safe, happy learning and be ambitious for the success of the pupils, their families, yourself and the school community. You can expect to earn pay up to £90 per day.
Within the role you are required to:
- Provide a calming and nurturing support for some of Wakefield’s most vulnerable students
- Be resilient, not easily offended and have the skills to de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Have a commitment to the settings to ensure the children you are supporting have a regular role model and routine
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with in order that you can build mutually respected relationships
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with SEN, LAC or residential support worker would be advantageous.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
- The ability to take note of, and acting on, all issues relating to the wellbeing and safeguarding of children
- Cache level 3 or equivalent or experience working in a similar setting
- Team Teach or MAPA qualification is advantageous
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £150
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview remotely via Microsoft teams and there will be a requirement for us to meet you prior to you being fully cleared for work. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so! Our Leeds branch is now open, following safety regulations, to drop in documentation.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Learning Support Assistant, Secondary Education, Special Educational Needs, Support Worker, Teaching Assistant|