Principal Resourcing are working in partnership with an SEN School in the Lincoln area to appoint an SEN Teacher. The School provides support and a differentiated curriculum for young people of secondary age who have diagnosed with Autism and Communication and Interaction difficulties.
We are looking for an SEN Teacher in Lincoln, who is enthusiastic, caring and has a strong understanding and experience of working with students with Special Education Needs including Autism, Social, Emotional and Medial Health needs (SEMH). The ideal candidate will have experience within SEN Provisions and be able to support children using positive de-escalation strategies.
This Lincoln based School supports students aged from 11 – 19 with the aim to prepare them to leave school as confident and self-reliant individuals. You will be working as a Teacher, delivering accessible lesson to all students across KS3 and KS4 in small groups and on a 1:1 intervention basis to boost their academic capabilities. The school have a strong passion for the development of the student’s sense of identity through knowledge and understanding of the schools shared vision. You will support this by ensuring each student strengthens their independent and living skills which are key to building confidence and self-esteem. The School is supported by a wider multidisciplinary set of teams including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapist and Special School Support Assistants who all work together with the teaching staff to meet the individual needs of the students.
The position of SEN Teacher in Lincoln is full time and due to start March 2021 for the remainder of the academic year but could go longer for the right person. You will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessment involved in the role. The school are open to working with either qualified or newly qualified teachers.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (Teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
- Experience of working in an SEN setting supporting Autistic students
- Experience of working with students with SEMH
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- NQTs are very welcome to apply
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking specialist Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice including SEN, Pupil Referral Units, alternative services and settings.
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus – up to £100 for every recommend
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Special Educational Needs|