Principal Resourcing are looking for an exceptional teacher who can work with children with complex needs and physical disabilities. The successful candidate will be working in one of our partner schools in Leeds. The role is 5 days a week and will start in November.
The school is a special school that provides excellent facilities and opportunities for children with SEN. The school caters for children from Early Years to Key Stage 4. It is a nurture-based provision and caters for a range of needs from ASD, PMLD, HI, Complex needs and Challenging behaviour. The role would be suited to Teachers with experience of working with SEN, Team Team and/ or manual handling would be advantageous but not essential as training can be offered. They deliver semi formal and informal curriculum, so having a highly creative approach to lesson planning is vital.
Within the role you are required to:
- Provide calming and nurturing support for students
- Have a commitment to the role to ensure the children have a regular routine
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with to build mutually respectful relationships
- Be resilient, not easily offended and have the skills to de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Plan and deliver creative and exciting opportunities to meet the needs of the children
Skills and attributes:
- QTS or equivalent qualification
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with complex needs would be advantageous
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to take note of, and act on, all issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- Be confident, passionate, and highly motivated
- Team Teach or MAPA qualification is advantageous
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £150
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview remotely via Microsoft teams and there will be a requirement for us to meet you prior to you being fully cleared for work. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so! Our Leeds branch is now open, following safety regulations, to drop in documentation.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Primary Education, Secondary Education, SEN Teacher, Special Educational Needs|