Teacher of Art
Are you a confident, creative individual who is passionate about teaching art and inspiring students to be creative and express their artistic skills?
Principal Resourcing are currently seeking to recruit a qualified teacher of Art and Design, with a proven track record of producing good grades within their Art department, for a large secondary school based in York. The school has recently been awarded a ‘Good’ Ofsted grade and with a new head teacher and senior leadership team this school is set to go from strength to strength.
The position is full time, teaching the curriculum across the KS3 and KS4 age range with a variety of different abilities from the basics of art to supporting students with their final major projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessment involved within the role. The school are looking for the new member of their team to bring an innovative approach to their teaching style with creative and engaging and interactive lessons. The position is due, (dependent on the Covid-19 pandemic), to start in September 2020 and is initially for one term but could be extended for the right candidate. NQTs are welcome to apply for this post. Start date and duration may change due to current COVID-19 pandemic.
What you will require:
• Relevant qualifications (Teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
• Evidence of good classroom control
• A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
• A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
• A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
• A confident and positive approach to working with children
• The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
• An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
• A passion for education within your subject
• A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
• NQTs are very welcome to apply
• A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
• Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
• An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
• A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
• Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
• A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
• ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus
• A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Secondary Education, Secondary Teacher|