Teacher of English
Principal Resourcing are currently seeking to appoint an English specialist on behalf of one of our partnership academies based in Hull. The Academy requires an experienced and dedicated English teacher to teach both English Literature and English Language across the whole age and ability range. Results have been improving year on year within the English department and as part of the teaching staff you will be responsible for ensuring the effective teaching and learning of pupils continues into the next term.
This position is due to start in January 2020 and is for 2 terms as it is a maternity cover, teaching 5 days a week with allocated PPA time. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, preparation, teaching and assessments involved with the role, including supporting students with coursework and exam preparation. Previous experience teaching English Language and English Literature is desirable; however, the Academy are keen for their new English Teacher to be innovative, passionate and creative with their lesson content and would welcome applications from English NQTs. The Academy offers exceptional opportunities for professional development and a TLR may be available to the right candidate for additional responsibilities within the department.
We are offering an online registration which is secure and still complying with the REC guidelines, enabling us to process all compliance and vetting documents quickly to ensure you are available to work straight away once the schools do re-open.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. QTS)
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- NQTs are very welcome to apply
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Secondary Teacher|