Principal Resourcing are recruiting for one of their partner SEN schools based in Kirklees WF17 for a support worker trained in Moving and Handling and ideally Team Teach. The role will be to start ASAP and will be an ongoing position for the right candidate. They are looking for that special someone to work either part time or 5 days a week and you can expect to earn up to £90 per day.
This special SEN provision caters for young people from 3 to 18 with complex learning, physical, medical and behavioural needs. You must be committed to high standards, actively promote safe, happy learning and be ambitious for the success of the pupils, their families, yourself and the school community. Ideally, we are looking for Support workers who are predominantly experienced in working with children/adults with physical disabilities, but applications are welcome from applicants with a range of SEND experience.
Within the role you are required to:
- Provide a calming and nurturing support for some of Kirklees most vulnerable students with EHCP’s
- Be resilient, not easily offended and can de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Have a commitment to the settings to ensure the children you are supporting have a regular role model and routine
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with in order that you can build mutually respected relationships
- There may be an element of personal care involved to support the children in their daily routine
- Moving and Handling Trained
- Experienced in personal care
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with SEN would be advantageous.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working in similar settings e.g care homes, hospitals,
- Team Teach qualification is advantageous but not essential as we can provide FREE training for the right candidates
- Experience of working with Physical difficulties, PMLD, Autism or SEMH advantageous but not essential
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Team Teach is advantageous but not essential
So, what’s in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £150
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview remotely, via Teams. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Special Educational Needs, Teaching Assistant|