Safeguarding is at the forefront of our priorities and we are committed to Safer Recruitment and best practice. Our Professional Practise for Safeguarding ensure the candidates we deploy are compliant and suitable to work in an education setting.
Principal Resourcing work in line with the Department for Education Statutory Guidance, Working Together to Safeguard Children July 2018 and Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- Professional Face-to-Face Interview
- Identity Check
- Right to work in the UK checks
- Enhanced DBS checks and annual rechecks or update service checks
- Professional written references
- Annual Children’s Barred List checks
- Qualifications/QTS Checks
- DfE Teacher Regulation Agency Checks for prohibitions and Sanctions
- Overseas Police Checks or letters of good conduct for time spent overseas
- Proud members of the REC and holders of the REC Audited Education gold standard in education recruitment
- Level 1 safeguarding course prior to placement and regular refreshers
- Medical Fitness checks
- Comprehensive induction and safeguarding handbooks and copies of DfE statutory guidance
- Rechecking during gaps of employment and due to expires
- Fully trained staff who have undertaken level 1 safeguarding and safer recruitment training
- Ongoing CPD for all registered candidates
- A management team trained in managing allegations and level 3 safeguarding trained
- CEOP Ambassadors trained to deliver online safety using material from the national crime agencies ‘thinkuknow’ programme
The Principal Passport encompasses all vetting checks carried out by Principal Resourcing in order to determine a candidates suitability for work.
These checks include: full name, job title, date of birth, National Insurance number, DBS disclosure number and issue date, Teacher Reference Number (if applicable), Teaching Agency restrictions Barred List check, qualifications, proof of address and photo ID all checked, references, the candidates right to work in the UK, international clearance obtained (if applicable), and medical declaration.
This is emailed to you prior to the assignment and our candidates also carry a Principal ID card as well as a form of photo ID. Our Principal Passports are fully compliant with the DfE’s recruitment requirements and adhere to the standards previously outlined by the Quality Mark, now known as Audited Education. All checks are in line with the DFE framework requirements.